A Buyers Guide To Interviewing Real Estate Agents
With the many choices out there, taking the time to meet and personally interview to find your real estate agent can make the difference between a pleasant experience and one that can cause disappointment. Here are some great questions that can help you determine the best representation for such an important decision.
- How long have you been a licensed real estate agent?
- What facet of real estate do you specialize; Home Buyers or Home Sellers or both?
- How much time can you devote to me/us in educating on the home buying process?
- Can you help me in getting a mortgage with a lower rate than my bank is offering?
- Would you work with me/us personally or do you have a team that will help us?
- How will we know how much to offer on a home?
- Describe any additional real estate courses taken and designations you have acquired, beyond the standard licensing courses.
- Can you show me homes on nights and weekends?
- If applicable: I/we have a friend/relative that we trust who will advise me/us on what I/we buy. Will it be okay to involve them in our decision?
- Will you explain in plain English how much it will cost me/us to buy a home?
- Will you show me/us homes that are not listed with you or your company? What about private sale homes?
- Will you be able to help us when meeting the bank/lawyer/home inspector so we are sure we have a clear understanding of the whole process?
- What do you do to keep in touch with me/us after we buy a home? Do you have a regular follow-up procedure, and if yes, please describe it.